- With the approval of MECON Board, Integrity Pact has been made integral part of all tenders, contracts, long term agreements valuing Rs 10 crores & above, w.e.f 28.09.2008.
- It has been made mandatory for all such bidder(s)/ Contractor(s) to enter into integrity Pact with MECON, otherwise their bid shall be summarily rejected.
- Developed by Transparency International (TI), an international NGO, the Integrity Pact is a tool aimed at preventing corruption in public contracting.
- Integrity Pacts encourage companies to refrain from illegal gratification by providing assurance that their competitors will also do so.
- To ensure equal treatment of all bidder (s)/ Contractor(s)/ Sub-contractor(s), the bidder shall be required to demand from all sub-contractors a commitment consistent with the Integrity Pact and to submit it to the purchaser before entering into contract.
- Purchaser shall appoint competent and credible External Independent Monitors (EIM). The EIM shall review independently and objectively whether and to what extent the parties comply with the obligations under this agreement.
- As a commitment towards abiding by the contractual obligations of the Integrity Pact, MECON would be sending the Integrity Pact duly signed in advance to the bidder(s)/ contractors, who would be required to sign the Pact and submit it with their bids.
We envisage that that effective implementation of Integrity Pact would certainly raise the standard on ethical practices and questionable practices would be severely discouraged.
Download / View the text of Integrity Pact
For more details visit CVC’s official website